About mans lumber
Since 1900, the Mans family has served the lumber and building material needs of the Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor communities. Nicholas August Mans began selling coal and peat in the Downriver community of Trenton, Michigan. His business quickly expanded throughout Southeast Michigan, eventually including four lumberyards, two kitchen and bath design showrooms, floor coverings, kitchen flooring, a progressive construction finance program, a finished carpentry and millwork shop, an installed products division, and equipment rental.
The Mans family continues to operate Mans Lumber and Millwork with the same customer-centered values on which N.A. Mans built his business. Mans employees undergo continuous education and training to ensure that customers have access to the latest product information and building techniques.
In 1998, Mans acquired the millwork business and blended services to offer an A-Z approach for the building industry. In 2005, both companies consolidated to one location in Canton. Now in its second century of doing business, Mans Lumber and Millwork remains committed to providing value through quality materials and superior customer service.
Our credo and commitment to our customers continue to be: Timely return on estimates. On-time delivery, prompt phone call follow up, fair bidding practices, relationship builders. education before selling, reduces client wait time, top-quality materials and positive response to customers’ needs, always.